The Illinois Heating Energy Assistance Program (IHEAP) is designed to assist eligible low-income households to pay for winter energy services. IHEAP will provide a one-time benefit to eligible households to be used for energy bills. The amount of the payment is determined by income, household size, and fuel type. An overdue bill or cut-off notice is not required in order to receive assistance.
Reconnection assistance may be available through Madison County Community Development, 618-296-6485 or you may apply through an Emergency IHEAP Assistance satellite location.
For additional information, visit the Madison County website for IHEAP.
To check the status of your IHEAP application click here or call Madison County Community Development, 618-296-6485.
IHEAP Start Dates
Please note that due to the state budget, IHEAP dates have changed from previous years. The current dates are as followed:
- October 1st, 2020 – Households containing elderly, disabled, or both.
- October 1st, 2020 – Emergency Furnace Assistance begins.
- November 1st, 2020 – Households containing elderly, disabled, and/or children under the age of 6 years old. Including anyone with a disconnect notice.
- December 1st, 2020 – General Low Income Population.
You MUST be a resident of Edwardsville, Glen Carbon, Hamel, Holiday Shores, Worden, Marine, Livingston, or Alhambra to apply at Edwardsville Township.
Edwardsville Township is an Emergency IHEAP Assistance satellite location.
If you are NOT a resident of the previous areas, you may find your contact center below:
Contact Your Center to Schedule an Appointment
|CENTER||AREA SERVED||CONTACT INFORMATION|
|Edwardsville Township||Edwardsville Township and ECUSD 7||618-656-0292|
|Chouteau Township||Chouteau Township residents||618-931-0360|
|Granite City Housing Authority||Granite City and all areas||618-876-0975 #4|
|Senior Services Plus||Alton (60 and older)||618-465-3298 ext. 115|
|Urban League of Alton||Alton||618-463-1906|
|Urban League of Madison||Madison||618-877-8860|
|Highland Area Christian Services Ministry||Highland, Alhambra, Grantfork, New Douglas, Marine and St. Jacob||618-654-9295|
(Gross (Pre-Tax) Wages used; income must be under these amounts to qualify)
*For households with more than 7 people, please call your Center for more details.
|30-Day Income||Annual Income|
*Please note that due to the Federal Poverty Guidelines of 2021, the IHEAP income guidelines have changed from previous years.
- Proof of gross income from all household members for the thirty (30) day period prior to the application date;
- A copy of current heat and electric bills (if you pay for your home energy directly);
- Social Security Cards of all household members;
- Proof of Medical Eligibility Card if a member of the household receives TANF assistance; and
- Proof of rent if the household energy bills are included in the rent.
For more information about IHEAP, visit Madison County’s Home page at http://www.co.madison.il.us or call our office at 618-656-0292.